NEXUS DLC-X Diamond-Like Carbon System
Ultra-Hard, Corrosion-Resistant TFMH Coating Film Technology
Deposit dense, uniform and repeatable thin diamond-like carbon (DLC) films for longer lasting TFMH slider overcoats and landing pads with Veeco’s NEXUS DLC-X System. The Nexus DLC-X features the industry’s first production-worthy Pulsed Filtered Cathode Arc Source to enable sub-20A overcoat thickness and supports improved step coverage for better process yield compared to previous generations.
- Exceptional uniformity, repeatability and film hardness from pulsed filtered cathodic arc
- Long throw, low pressure PVD provides dense, pin-hole free silicon seed layer
- Reactive PVD process capable
- Tunable low energy NEXUS 420 ion beam etch source results in stable operation down from 75 volt to 300 volt beam energies
- Tilting ellipsometer facilitates etch and deposition end point control