Achieve increased uptime and lower repair costs with Veeco’s ammonia-resisant, extended life sources. Available for temperatures up to 120°C with ammonia partial pressures as high as 1×10-4 Torr. Substrate heaters are also available for temperatures up to 1200°C and oxygen partial pressures of 1×10-4 Torr.
- Extended life for ammonia environments
- SUMO crucible available with optimal flux distribution and minimized depletion effects
- Ammonia partial pressures up to 1×10-4 Torr
- Temperatures up to 1200°C
- More than 20 in the field
Using ammonia (NH3) as the nitrogen source is becoming increasingly more common due to the ability to achieve high growth rates and for its ease of control. Consequently, ammonia can dramatically reduce equipment lifetime. Due to hydrogen embrittlement, it is not uncommon for source and heater filaments to last only a few months. Therefore, equipment uptime is compromised, leading to shorter campaign lengths and high repair costs.