Veeco Demonstrates Thought Leadership at Technical Conferences in Second Quarter of 2019
April 02, 2019
Company’s Technologists to Present Innovations that Drive Industrial Scaling of Technology Megatrends in Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Communications, Autonomous Vehicles, Displays and More
PLAINVIEW, New York — Veeco Instruments Inc. (Nasdaq: VECO) today announced its leading technologists are scheduled to speak at seven technical events throughout Q2 2019. The forthcoming presentations, which follow several notable appearances in Q1, highlight Veeco’s depth and breadth of expertise in working with customers to break through production-scale barriers that will ultimately lead to the wide adoption of game-changing trends in big-data, high-speed communications, artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, high resolution displays and more.
Through these papers, Veeco explains how it solves tough materials engineering challenges with advances in its deposition, etch, lithography and wet processing technologies used in applications such as next-generation advanced packaging, photonics, sensors, MEMS, micro-LEDs, power electronics, high bandwidth memory and related devices. Presentations in the second quarter include:
- OCLA 2019 Symposium (April 11; Buchs, Switzerland)— Senior research scientist Dr. Binyamin Rubin will present "Monochromatic and broadband optical monitoring for deposition of band pass filters". Organized by RhySearch, this technical conference is geared towards engineers and scientists exchanging ideas and sharing latest advances in laser optics, high-end optical coatings, thin film deposition and characterization.
- Photomask Japan (April 16-18; Yokohama, Japan)— Applications expert Katrina Rook will present “Ion Beam Etch of Advanced Absorber Materials for EUV Masks” on April 18 at the symposium, which brings together engineers and investigators from Japan and worldwide to discuss recent progress, applications and future trends in the field of photomasks, NGL masks and related technologies.
- MRS Spring Meeting & Exhibit (April 22-26; Phoenix, AZ)—Tania Henry, process development engineer, will present “Influence of Intermixing on Perpendicular Magnetic Anisotropy of Ion-Beam-Deposited CoFeB MTJs for STT-RAM,” on April 25 during the annual meeting focused on the future of materials science
- Critical Materials Council Conference (April 25-26; Saratoga Springs, NY)—Drew Hanser, vice president of technology, will present at the fourth annual forum for discussing actionable information related to semiconductor fab materials. Hanser’s talk, “Material Integration Challenges for GaN on Si for Power and RF Devices,” takes place on April 25 during Session II: Immediate Challenges of Materials & Manufacturing
- Society of Vacuum Coaters TechCon (April 27-May 2; Long Beach, CA)—At one of the world’s leading vacuum coating technology conferences, senior research scientist Binyamin Rubin will discuss “Monochromatic and Broadband Optical Monitoring for Deposition of Band Pass Filters,” on April 29. The Veeco team will also be exhibiting its latest advances in ion beam deposition systems for optical coatings at booth #229
- CS ManTech (April 29-May 2; Minneapolis, MN)—Phillip Tyler, process development engineer, will present “Development of Advanced Lift Off Processes for 5G and VCSEL Applications.” Stop by Veeco’s booth #609 to learn more about the company’s latest innovations in compound semiconductor and wet processing technologies
- ECTC (May 28-31; Las Vegas, NV)—Dr. Ajit Paranjpe, chief technology officer, will co-author a presentation on “High-Yield Precision Transfer and Assembly of Gallium Nitride (GaN) Micro-LEDs Using Laser Assisted Micro Transfer Printing,” with experts from the University of California, Los Angeles
- EUVL Workshop (June 10-13; Berkeley, CA)—At this year’s workshop focused on the fundamental science of EUV lithography and its continued extension to support Moore’s Law, Sandeep Kohli, principal research scientist, will present “Ion Beam Technology Roadmap for EUV Mask Deposition and Absorber Etch Processes”
- TechConnect World Innovation Conference and Expo (June 17-19; Boston, MA)—Dr. Ganesh Sundaram, vice president of applied technology, will present “Atomic Layer Deposition for Life Science Applications” on June 17 at the Nanomedicine Symposium
Veeco scientists also presented research at a number of key technical conferences in Q1, including:
- SPIE Advanced Lithography (Feb. 24-28; San Jose, CA) - “Ion Beam Etching of Advanced Absorber Materials for Sub-5nm EUV Masks” and “Intra-field Stress Impact on Global Wafer Deformation” (alongside ASML and imec)
- EFDS ALD for Industry (March 19-20; Berlin, Germany) - “Atomic Layer Deposition Use for Decorative Applications”
- CS International (March 26-27; Brussels, Belgium) - “Accelerating Photonics Growth through Advances in High-Performance Arsenic/Phosphide (As/P) MOCVD and Wet Processing Technology”
“Veeco builds production-scale fab solutions that solve tough materials engineering problems for our customers,” said Ajit Paranjpe, Ph.D., chief technology officer. “Our technical contributions to these prestigious and peer-reviewed conferences demonstrate Veeco’s commitment to remaining at the forefront of technological advances, which ultimately have a positive impact on society through life-improving applications.”
Veeco (NASDAQ: VECO) is a leading manufacturer of innovative semiconductor process equipment. Our proven MOCVD, lithography, laser annealing, ion beam and single wafer etch and clean technologies play an integral role in producing LEDs for solid-state lighting and displays, and in the fabrication of advanced semiconductor devices. With equipment designed to maximize performance, yield and cost of ownership, Veeco holds technology leadership positions in all these served markets. To learn more about Veeco's innovative equipment and services, visit www.veeco.com.
David Pinto | 408-325-6157 | firstname.lastname@example.org