Veeco Introduces New Suite of GaN MOCVD Systems to Extend Industry Leadership in LED Manufacturing
June 06, 2012
PLAINVIEW, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun. 6, 2012-- Veeco Instruments Inc. (Nasdaq: VECO) today introduced three new models of its market-leading TurboDisc® metal organic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) systems for the production of high brightness light emitting diodes (LEDs): TurboDisc MaxBright® M™, TurboDisc MaxBright MHP™ and TurboDisc K465i HP™.
The MaxBright MHP provides as much as 20% within-wafer wavelength uniformity improvement over MaxBright. (Photo: Business Wire)
- MaxBright M : a modular and more compact version of Veeco’s multi-reactor system. The MaxBright M provides easier serviceability and up to 15% improved footprint efficiency compared to MaxBright. It also features improved layout configuration flexibility to accommodate various fab spacing requirements.
- MaxBright MHP : a high performance version of the new modular “M.” The MaxBright MHP provides as much as 20% within-wafer wavelength uniformity improvement over MaxBright. Higher yields are achieved from technology advancements that result in improved thermal and flow capability. The MaxBright MHP also provides lower cost of ownership as compared to MaxBright.
- K465i HP : a high performance option for Veeco’s single-reactor MOCVD system which delivers up to 20% within-wafer wavelength uniformity improvement compared to the K465i and lower cost of ownership.
- These new systems are available in 2, 4, 6 and 8” configurations. Existing MaxBright and K465i systems are easily field-upgradeable to the high performance HP option. All of Veeco’s MOCVD systems feature its low maintenance TurboDisc technology, which enables highest system availability and throughput.
- For more information on these new products please visit: www.veeco.com/maxbrightmhp
William J. Miller, Ph.D., Executive Vice President, Veeco Process Equipment, commented, "This new suite of products provides our customers with tremendous flexibility to make the most of their capital investments and choose the system that works best in their unique production environment. The innovation in the MaxBright M, MaxBright MHP and K465i HP was accomplished by listening to our customers and focusing on system improvements that could drive their productivity and yield – two critical factors in our customers’ success.”
John R. Peeler, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Veeco added, “This new product line-up, all based on our industry leading technology and automation expertise, can help to accelerate worldwide adoption of LED lighting by reducing manufacturing costs. Veeco remains committed to providing the industry’s highest capacity, highest throughput and lowest cost of ownership MOCVD systems available.”
According to IMS Research, the K465i, introduced in 2010, was the top selling MOCVD tool that year, and the MaxBright, launched in 2011, was the top seller last year. Compound Semiconductor Magazine recently awarded Veeco the “ Compound Semiconductor Manufacturing Award , stating “MaxBright was the biggest breakthrough in compound semiconductor manufacturing over the last 12 months.”
Veeco’s process equipment solutions enable the manufacture of LEDs, power electronics, hard drives, MEMS and wireless chips. We are the market leader in MOCVD, MBE, Ion Beam and other advanced thin film process technologies. Our high performance systems drive innovation in energy efficiency, consumer electronics and network storage and allow our customers to maximize productivity and achieve lower cost of ownership. For information on our company, products and worldwide service and support, please visit www.veeco.com .
To the extent that this news release discusses expectations or otherwise makes statements about the future, such statements are forward-looking and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the statements made. These factors include the risks discussed in the Business Description and Management's Discussion and Analysis sections of Veeco's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011 and in our subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, current reports on Form 8-K and press releases .Veeco does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect future events or circumstances after the date of such statements.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50301039&lang=en
Source: Veeco Instruments Inc.
Veeco Instruments Inc.
Debra Wasser, 516-677-0200 x1472
SVP Investor Relations & Corporate Communications
Fran Brennen, 516-677-0200 x1222
Senior Director Marcom